Monday, January 19, 2009

Terrible or Terrific Two's???
x2

Well, the time has come - our sweet little twins are two. Their birthday was filled with family, presents, songs, cake, candles, and ring-around-the-rosies. What a fun and special day.

Today, the day after their birthday, they tested us to see if we were prepared for the Terrible or Terrific twos. The day started with the usual, throwing breakfast on the floor and begging for more routine. I buckled them in their high chairs - gave them their food - and dashed upstairs for a minute. The kitchen was silent, bad sign for my kids, so I go down stairs only to find they unbuckled themselves from their highchairs - climbed onto the kitchen counter - and found the knives. They found the big chopping knives and were walking ontop of the counter with them. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! The morining countinued with playing and fighting. At one point Hayden bit Bryce and broke his skin, needless to say he went to time out. Bryce decided to keep Hayden company (so forgiving) and started drawing pictures for him on our new couch, walls, and floor. Lucky for me it was only chalk. The kids had been up a total of two hours and I was plump worn out so I decided to pack the kids up and go to Home Depot for their paint sale (not really a break - just a different place). I stepped into the bathroom to get dressed and came out where the kids found Marcus's deoderant, toothpaste, and shaving cream. They dressed themselves in this oray of beauty products and wore it with dignity. I wish I had a camera for these eventful moments but I was busy trying to keep my cool and not send them to bed at 10:30 in the morining. The day wore on crazy as usual, plus a little to keep me on my toes.

Happy Birthday Bryce and Hayden. We love you!!!

3 comments:

Ron and Rachelle said...

I am sorry to tell you that I was laughing the entire time I read this blog. Why would I be so cruel? Because I can see it happening at my house...oh, it does happen! At least you kept your cool. My kids probably would have been eating the shaving cream for their lunch :) They are so cute when they are asleep and you wonder how it's possible to get so, what's the word...irate? What a good mom you are...I read a scripture that really helped me today. It was basically saying what we sow bountifully will be returned to us bountifully...take that as you will!

Breeana said...

And I thought I had my hands full! I have got to hand it you, you are one strong woman! Anyways - happy birthday to them!

Tina DeWitt said...

This makes me feel so much better about the days when I want to send my two year old to bed for the day by that time as well. I feel just wasted and my patience gone - and I only have one two year old! I can't imagine twins. You are amazing!